Here are the goals that I have for myself, and the progress I have made on them this past week.
My Goals And Plans
I want to do all I can in order to grow this site to the predicted amount of subscribers shown above, and here is how I plan to do it.
- Write at least 1 guest post per week in order to attract new readers — Done, I wrote two actually. Just waiting for the site to respond.
- Write an e-book that will only be available to my subscribers (projected date of completion, May 1, 2011) — I jotted some possible ideas down and plan to put together a chapter-by-chapter outline this upcoming week.
- Continue to write well-thought-out articles 3-4 times per week — Yep, did this. Hope you enjoyed them.
- Provide downloadable documents to help others with their personal finances — This is coming soon. In a couple of weeks most likely.
- Offer email postings that will only be available to my subscribers, as a thank-you for their loyalty — I did not offer this last week, but this will come maybe once a month.
- Hold giveaway contests where the subscribers will automatically be entered to win! — I just wrapped up a contest a couple of weeks ago. I will most likely hold another one in April or May.
With these actions, I aim to hit the subscriber projections:
- 114 subscribers by July 1, 2011
- 247 subscribers by October 1, 2011
- 1,154 subscribers by April, 2011
My New Subscriber Projections
The old projections last week showed 1,154 (my goal), but now they are at 1,868. This makes me feel awesome! This also means that I am providing great information for those that read my site.
Plan, Do, Check, Adjust Your Way to Financial Freedom – by Passive Family Income (written by me! 🙂 )
6 Tips for Improving the Appeal of Your Home to Potential Buyers – by Squirrelers
How Not Working Paid Off Can You Say Tax Refund? – by Everyday Tips and Thoughts
5 Reasons Im Not Crazy About Costco – by Money is the Root
What is Renters Insurance and Why You Need It – by Free From Broke
Retired Gone Wild! – by Krant Cents
Hobbies on a Budget – by Budgeting in the Fun Stuff
How Interest is Crippling Your Wealth Building Efforts – by Andrea @ Nickel by Nickel
Get Rich From Energy ETFs, Futures Contracts and Arbitrage – by What It’s Costin
TrueCar Review – Truth About Car Industry – by Will at Hacking the Bank
Push Hard, Stay Cool – by Buck Inspire
Interview Dos and Dont’s, What You Need to Know – by Free Money Wisdom
Save Money on Food Part One: Breakfast – by Frugal Confressions
Three Ways the Credit Card Companies Trick People Into Using Their Cards – by Narrow Bridge Finance
Anatomy of the Financially Savvy Brain: Part 4 – by Miss T at Prarie Eco Thrifter
Answers to Common Personal Finance Questions – by Yes, I Am Cheap
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.