Here are the goals that I have for myself, and the progress I have made on them this past week.
My Goals And Plans
- Write at least 1 guest post per week in order to attract new readers I wrote 3 in the week prior, so I really didn’t focus on this too much this week. I did get a response and will have one of my articles posted on the 21st! 🙂
- Write an e-book that will only be available to my subscribers (projected date of completion, May 1, 2011) I have decided on my e-book title and content. I have laid out the entire book and am now making minor adjustments to the layout. The book should be complete by the end of this week! Everything is going as planned.
- Continue to write well-thought-out articles 3-4 times per week Yep, did this. I feel like I have had some great articles last week, and I have some great ones to come!
- Provide downloadable documents to help others with their personal finances I haven’t started this yet, which is somewhat discouraging, but they shouldn’t take long. I still project a completion date of May 1, 2011 for this.
- Offer email postings that will only be available to my subscribers, as a thank-you for their loyalty I did not write a special email this week because I did not want to bombard my loyal readers with emails. I’ll send this special email every 2 weeks.
- Hold giveaway contests where the subscribers will automatically be entered to win! I just wrapped up a contest a couple of weeks ago. I will most likely hold another one in May to kick off my e-book.
With these actions, I aim to hit the subscriber projections:
- 114 subscribers by July 1, 2011 (Ahhh! I have some work to do!)
- 247 subscribers by October 1, 2011
- 1,154 subscribers by April, 2011
Unfortunately, blogperfume.com (which is where my charts on subscribers came from) has not been operational since last week, so I can’t show you the nifty charts that I’ve fallen in love with.
Honestly though, not much has changed. I currently have 67 subscribers, but would like to ad 7 more before the end of the month for sure. I still have 20 days, so I’m not too worried.
This Website in General
I have so many things that I would like to do with this website (even beyond the goals above), but time only allows me to do so much. Keep your eyes open for changes though. They’re coming! 🙂
This week, some of us Yakezie members decided that it would be fun to do a blog-swap on the topic, “What Motivates You to Be Financially Responsible?”. My post was featured on the blog, “Thousandaire”, and the rest are featured in the links below (thanks goes out to Kevin for hosting the swap and also for providing all of the links!).
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.