Here are the goals that I have for myself, and the progress I have made on them this past week.
My Goals And Plans
- Write at least 1 guest post per week in order to attract new readers — I’m still doing a good job with this. I recently had an article posted at Sustainable Life Blog, “6 Tips to Get Yourself Out of the Debt Trap“.
- Write an e-book that will only be available to my subscribers (projected date of completion, May 1, 2011) — The eBook was released as planned and is displayed directly to the right of this post! I’m so glad I completed it and everything has gone amazingly so far!
- Continue to write well-thought-out articles 3-4 times per week — Yep, did this, plus I added an article yesterday that displayed my monthly earnings. I figured it was about time to share that with the world.
- Provide downloadable documents to help others with their personal finances — Yep….this still didn’t happen unfortunately. This week was crazy with the eBook release, plus I took a couple more staff writing jobs. It’s an exciting time!
- Offer email postings that will only be available to my subscribers, as a thank-you for their loyalty — I sent one out a couple of weeks ago. I plan on writing another one this coming Saturday.
- Hold giveaway contests where the subscribers will automatically be entered to win! — This is going on right now and will continue through May 31! Make sure you check it out!
With these actions, I aim to hit these subscriber projections:
- 114 subscribers by July 1, 2011 (I’m currently at 117 subscribers! Woot! Looks like I already blew this projection out of the water! 🙂
- 247 subscribers by October 1, 2011 – This is the next goal! Let’s see if we can get there before October. I bet we can.
- 1,154 subscribers by April, 2011
Needless to say, I had quite an amazing week! I released my eBook on May 1 and am running a special giveaway in celebration – these two factors increased my subscriber numbers from 77 to 117! That is a huge increase for only 7 days!
Plus, take a look at my subscriber projections now! In 12 months, it is predicted that I’ll have 12, 030 subscribers! Now, I think that may be a little inflated, but it makes me feel quite a bit better about my goal of 1,154 by April 1, 2012. 🙂
The Next eBook
I am so excited about the success of the first eBook that it’s encouraged me to start writing another one! It will obviously take me quite a lot of time to put together, but keep you eyes peeled for some more goal setting on this project.
A Big Thank You
This week has been so great, and I just wanted to thank all of you readers. Without you, I really wouldn’t have any reason to write, but because of you, I am inspired to not only write, but to help you in whatever financial struggle you’re having.
I’ve had a few topic requests, and I plan on getting to these this week. If you have emailed me regarding a particular topic in the past, expect to see it this week. If there is anything else that you’d wish to see from this site, please let me know by contacting me! Thanks again!
Here are some articles that I really enjoyed this week. Take a look; I bet you’ll enjoy them too!
How to Make Passive Income and Keep It Passive – written by me at Passive Family Income
My Golf Swing and Opportunity Cost – written by Jeff at Budgeting In The Fun Stuff
6 Alternative Investments That May Beat Stocks and Bonds Over the Next Decade – by Darwin’s Finance
Want a Convertible BMW? Then Start Mowing Lawns! – by Every Day Tips and Thoughts
Emergency Fund Planning: Don’t Assume Expenses Will Go Down – by Frugal Dad
IRA Maximum Contribution Limits – Roth and Traditional – by Free From Broke
Considering Bankruptcy to Pay Off Your Debt? Here are Some Other Options – by Faithful With a Few
How I Selected a Mutual Fund; A Really Boring Case Study – by Little House in the Valley
Don’t Be Cheap, Get What You Really Want – by Money Crush
Getting Rid of Old Appliances for Money – by Frugal Confessions
5 Future Expenses that We All Should Be Saving For– by Squirrelers
Toyota Dealer Tries to Screw Me– by Thousandaire
Humble Beginnings of the Dividend Portfolio – by Retire by 40
5 Dividend Stocks for the Passive Investor– by Buy Like Buffett
Financial Market Macro Overview – by Money Mamba
Holiday Greeting Cards: American Greetings Stock Analysis – by The Wall Street Chalkboard
Don’t Wait: How to Save Money Now! – by Free Money Wisdom
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.