Do you have goals and dreams for your future? Do you have them written down? Every week, I remind myself of my goals for the month to make sure that I’m on track for hitting them. Sometimes I’m way behind the eight ball, and other times I really feel like I have a good handle on them. Either way though, my site improves and my readers have a better experience from the improvements.
Goals by the End of January
In alignment with my yearly goals, here are my goals for the end of this month:
- 725 subscribers
- Earn $1,250 with LifeAndMyFinances.com
- Brainstorm potential free resource ideas
- Pay an extra $1,200 on the mortgage before the end of the month
How Am I Doing?
1) 725 subscribers – Currently, my site has 677 subscribers and is not gaining more than 2 or 3 new subscribers (net) per week. I need to do something to change this – perhaps add a message at the end of each post about subscribing? I should have something in place by next week in order to hit my goal.
2) Earn $1,250 – So far this month, I have earned $1,150 thanks to a new widget ad and a couple of sponsored posts. I should easily earn another $100 to meet my goal of $1,250.
3) Brainstorm New Resources – I honestly haven’t brainstormed that much since last week, but I still think it’s a good idea to put some budget sheets together to help others understand where their money is going each month.
4) Pay $1,200 Toward the Mortgage – We’re on track to do this by the end of the month, but our Jeep has recently been making some crazy noises, which makes me nervous that the extra money will go toward repairs. Only time will tell though. I should be able to take care of this one by next week! Exciting! 🙂
Passive Income with iPhones – by Creating a Passive Income
Kevin’s Plan to Earn at Least $30,000 from the Online World in 2012 – by Online Money Bloggers
Impulse Shopping and Discount Chocolate – by Budgeting in the Fun Stuff
What Would Be the Best and Worst Jobs in the World? – by My Personal Finance Journey
5 Tips For Your Personal Finance in 2012 – by Invest It Wisely
Improving Retire by 40 to Increase Online Income – by Retire by 40
Health Incurance Companies Give Financial Incentives for Good Habits – by Frugal Confessions
Top Investment Scams – by The College Investor
Warm Winter Means Deals For You – by Yes, I am Cheap
Planning to Pay Off Debt – A Guest Post – by Mom’s Plans
Exciting News! (At Least, I Think So) – by So Over Debt
Rental Properties and Mortgages – by Krantcents
Starting The New Year Off Right – by World of Finance
Is Passive Income All That It’s Cracked Up to Be? – by Money Crush
Claim Your Unclaimed Property – by Thousandaire
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.