I can’t believe that 2012 is almost over, and I really can’t believe that this site is over 2 years old already! I have very much enjoyed keeping this site going and I have big plans for 2013. Along with some added features to my site, I also have big plans in my personal life as well. Let’s get to it!
Goals for this site in 2013
1) Alexa Rank below 70,000 – Alexa ranks every site on the web, and I want mine to be ranked in the top 70,000. Help me do this by installing the Alexa Toolbar. Then every visit to my site counts toward this rank. Thank you in advance!
2) Grow my site to 3,000 subscribers – Currently, I have 889 subscribers. This has been the case for far too long and I’m ready to grow this number again. You’ll soon be seeing additional information on my site to help you with your finances. You’ll also be seeing more giveaways too! I can’t wait to give away gift cards and cash to all my loyal readers.
3) Increase my Facebook friends to 1,000 – Right now I have 278 facebook friends. I want to increase this number to at least 1,000, but hopefully much more.
4) Commit to posting every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday – I love to write and I love to read your comments! I can’t wait to start posting more and hearing your responses to what I have written.
5) Post my Affiliate and Adsense Income – I want to track how much of my income is “passive”, so I’m going to be sharing my affiliate income and my adsense income for all of you to see!
6) Rank in the Top 100 – Money Crashers ranks hundreds of personal finance sites. Right now, I’m ranked 221. I want to be in the Top 100.
These are my goals for this site for 2013. It’s going to be tough, but I’m ready to get to work in this new year. Wish me luck!
Personal Goals for 2013
I know this may shock you, but this site is not my entire life. I have a few other things going on as well! Remember that house project I was working on? Well there’s still plenty more to be done. This leads us into my personal goals for 2013.
1) Finish the House – Ideally, I’d like this house to be completed by the end of January, so I certainly want it done by the end of the year! Right now, I’m working on installing the baseboard trim and shoe molding. And after that, there’s just a few details left! Pictures will be coming soon!
2) Pay down my mortgage to $40,000 – I currently owe the bank $59,000. I’d like to bring this amount down to $40,000 by the end of the year. I’m honestly not quite sure how I’m going to do this, but I know I can make it happen.
3) Finish my MBA – I finished my first semester of classes a couple of weeks ago and have 4 more semesters to go. If all goes according to plan, I’ll have my MBA by the end of December, 2013. It’s going to be a ton or work, but I know I can do it.
If I can complete these 3 things by the end of 2013, I will be ecstatic! These are pretty huge goals, and I’ll be in a great spot personally if I can finish them by the end of the year.
There are many other personal finance bloggers that write amazing information each week, and I want you to be able to check out their stuff as well. Here are a few articles that peaked my interest this week. Enjoy!
10 Side Hustles to Make Extra Money at Money Infant
3 Wacky Ways to Make Money in College at Well Kept Wallet
Personal Reflections at Beating Broke
How The Company Holiday Taught Me About Investing at L Bee and The Money Tree
How Retirement Ready Should You Be at Age 30 at So Over This
Real Estate Turns Brutal at American Debt Project
Five Things Friday at Cents to Save
Ways to Spend Christmas Cash at Making Sense of Cents
3 Ways to Get Rid of Your Old Cell Phone at Edward Antrobus
Does Downsizing Your Home Really Save You Money at One Smart Dollar
2012 Year End Tax Tips at Don’t Quit Your Day Job