You know, as of a week ago I thought my progress in February was really going to suck, but as I reflect back on how little time I had to work on things and what the outcomes were, I’m really not feeling too bad about the results. I reality though, I still missed the mark on many of my goals, and I’m definitely going to have to reset some of them for March. Let’s dig into the February stats!
1) Bring My Alexa Rank Below 100,000 – My Alexa Rank last week was 114,164 and hadn’t moved much, but it took a slight turn for the better at the end of the month. Today my rank is at 110,855. It’s definitely slow progress, but at least I’m heading in the right direction! Fail
I really would like to get my Alexa Rank below 100k! If you’d like to help me achieve this, please download the Alexa Toolbar! Not only will your visits then count toward my rank, you’ll also be able to see the rank of every site you visit!
2) Grow my Subscriber Numbers to 1,100 – I haven’t done much to push my subscriber numbers any higher this month, but due to my quality articles, they have risen by about 20 to 924. It’s not too bad for doing absolutely nothing, but it was a complete fail compared to the goal I set for myself. Fail
3) Increase my Facebook Friends to 375 – I didn’t put any effort into this goal either. Terrible huh? Since I basically did nothing, guess what happened to my Facebook Friend numbers? Basically nothing. I think they went up by 2 in the month of February. Fail
4) Increase My Twitter Followers to 1,300 – Twitter has been a struggle for me for a long time, so I put quite a lot of effort into this category this month. I have paid attention to related Tweets, responded to direct messages, and started following other Twitter users that relate to personal finance. I have grown my Twitter followers from 979 to over 1,137. It’s not quite my goal yet, but it’s not too shabby either. Fail
Well now, that’s a heck of a lot of failures! But, in order to cheer myself up a little, let’s look at the progress:
Everything improved! March should be much better since I’ll have a little more time to impact these numbers. And, beyond that, I’m making a plan on how to do it.
Goals for March
1) Bring My Alexa Rank Below 100,000 – Getting my Alexa Rank below 100k is a big deal for me. All of the elite blogs have many readers, which drives their numbers well below the 100k mark. I definitely want to be there and I truly think I can do it this month. My Alexa Rank is currently 110,855.
I first need to appeal to those that already own their own sites, since many of them have the Alexa Toolbar installed. By writing more about blogging and earning a side income, I should be able to drive this number down below the 100k mark.
** I really would like to get my Alexa Rank below 100k! If you’d like to help me achieve this, please download the Alexa Toolbar! Not only will your visits then count toward my rank, you’ll also be able to see the rank of every site you visit! **
2) Grow my Subscriber Numbers to 1,200 – Last month I had set my goal at 1,100 and clearly didn’t make it, but I felt like I had to up my new goal (if I really did want to get my subscriber numbers to 3,000 by the end of the year) so let’s focus on 1,200. That would give me some great momentum for the rest of the year.
I know that I need to make my site more inviting for people to subscribe. I might create a pop-up that gives them the option (but I know this can get annoying), but more than likely, I’ll add a “1st time visitor” section at the top left of my page to show readers where they can go to learn more as well as how to subscribe.
3) Increase my Facebook Friends to 400 – Last month the goal was 375 and I didn’t hit it, but I also put no effort toward it. 400 Facebook friends seems doable.
I don’t have a great plan for this actually. Maybe I need another giveaway that awards points for new Facebook fans? Any suggestions on this one?
4) Increase My Twitter Followers to 1,500 – I was able to increase my Twitter followers by over 150 last month with only a few days of work. In order to hit my goal of 1,500, I’ll have to grow my followers by another 350. It’s going to be tough, but doable.
Last month, I just spent a few days following new Twitter friends that related to personal finance and responding to any direct messages that I received. If I do this for just 10 days out of the 31, I should be able to hit my goal of 1,500 followers.
A Case for a Big Tax Refund at The College Investor
Less Debt For The Next Generation at Step Away From The Mall
Top 5 Tips For Shopping on a Budget at So Over This
How to Prosper on a Small Salary at When Life Gives You Lemons
Study on Why You Will Overspend This Season at Modest Money
Do You Really Need That Stuff at Beating Broke
Why You’re Better Off Investing in Index Funds at Work Save Live
When Will You Be A Millionaire at Don’t Quit Your Day Job
Haggling: The Value of Patience at Penny Thots
Is Poverty in the US an Excuse to do Poorly in School at Eyes On The Dollar
2 Huge Reasons We Need to Save to Build Wealth at Luke1428
5 Moves to Make This Year to Secure Your Retirement at Brick By Brick Investing
Spenders and Savers Together Forever at Cents To Save
The Practicality of Joint or Separate Bank Accounts at Broke Ass Mommy
Dealing With Finance Friction in a New Relationship at One Smart Dollar
How to Save Money on Your Next Flight at Money Smart Guides
More Evidence Making Money Today Has Never Been Easier at Financial Samurai
Save Money Exercising at Prairie Eco Thrifter
Life Insurance Over Fifty; What You Need to Know at My Broken Coin
Running a Business: The Most Important Thing You Need to Understand at DollarVersity