Is money tight? Do you ever wish that you could earn some more money from home? As I’m getting older, I have more and more friends that are starting a family. They would absolutely love for their wives to stay home with their children, but in order to make ends meet, many of those new moms need to drop the kids off at their parents house and go out to work a few times a week. Wouldn’t it be great if those new moms didn’t have to leave the house? Wouldn’t it just be a dream to make the same amount of money or more from home? Let’s explore some of these options!
1) Sell Your Jewelry – Do you currently make jewelry that people are constantly asking for? Why not start charging for your gift? If it costs $5 to make, charge $15 or $20 to your end customer. If you have enough demand, you could easily earn a grand each month!
2) The Art of Sewing – Fewer and fewer people know how to sew these days. If you have the ability to create clothing or fix rips and tares, I bet you’re in more demand than you think. Put your name out there and see what happens. After all, what’s there to lose?
3) Make Blankets – Depending on the style, blankets can be fairly simple to make. But, everyone needs blankets right? So, just make a few and try to make some sales. If your customers are satisfied, make some more. Who knows, if could turn into a consistent money maker!
4) Build Cabinets/Refinish Furniture – If you have the talent of building, perhaps you could make some cabinets and post them for sale. Or, if you have the ability to refinish old furniture, you could find some incredibly cheap pieces, update their look and sell it for a hefty profit.
5) Graphic Design – Do you have a talent in graphic design? Can you alter photos, create logos, or design T-shirts? Your skills could very well be in demand.
6) Write Articles or an eBook – Has anyone ever complimented you on your ability to write? I currently employ staff writers because I have taken note of their ability on their own sites. If you have a passion for a particular topic and if you have writing skills, contact one of the websites you enjoy to see if they’re hiring. If they are, you could start earning between $15 and $40 per article. If you are even more ambitious, I would encourage you to write an eBook. It costs nothing to write it and who knows? Maybe it will be a huge success!
7) Design Websites – If you have designed websites in the past, I would suggest that start charging for your skills. Get together a few of your references and put your skill on the market. Heck, I could even use a graphic designer pretty soon!
8 ) Start Your Own Blog – I obviously like this option since it is how I made my extra money from home, but it is definitely not easy and it’s not for everyone! But, if you have a passion for a particular topic and there is a market for future advertisements, get started today! You could be earning hundreds of dollars each month after only a few months of effort. And after that, the sky’s the limit.
9) Daycare – If you want to stay at home with your kids, why not offer to watch your friends’ kids as well. Sure, you won’t be able to give 100% of your attention to your children, but at least you don’t have to send them off to someone else for hours at a time. Plus, this way you can earn a few bucks.
10) Start an Online Store – For this option, the key is to think of an item that costs a couple hundred bucks and is fairly small (since you’ll be keeping inventory at your house most likely). If you can think of something that would be good to sell, start a website for $40 and post your items. It might even allow you to earn more than you previously thought!
Are you interested in earning more money from home? How do you plan to do it?