Well, I’m officially a Pinterest lover (check out my boards here)… I always thought Pinterest was for girls with no life, but it turns out that there’s actually some fantastic personal finance advice out there that you can track down through pins. In fact, that’s how I found my top 5 personal finance reads this month! Enjoy!
6 Different Ways to Budget Your Money
– by Young Adult Money – I’m a zero-sum budgeter. Before the month even starts, I make a name for every single dollar and tell it where to go. I figured this was the only way to budget. To my surprise, you can choose from five other methods!
Invest Your Time Into These 13 Things While You’re In Your 20’s
– by Levo – Your 20’s are such a pivotal time in life. Basically, whatever you do in your 20’s will stick with you through the rest of your life. Eating habits, exercise habits, relationship habits, financial habits. Choose your habits wisely, because they’ll quickly shape you in the future.
7 Frugal Books You Need to Read
– by Four Hats and Frugal – I’ve read 5 of the 7 books, and I absolutely agree with the recommendations. The Millionaire Next Door had a profound impact on my life. It was the first time I realized that there were millionaires around me that didn’t look at all like millionaires. They lived ordinary lives, but had an un-ordinary bank account. They were friendly, giving, helpful – you would have never guessed they were a dirty rotten millionaire.
5 Common Debt Repayment Mistakes
– by Frugality Magazine – Paying down debt is a fantastic thing to do, but if you go about it the wrong way, it can quickly become a curse instead of a blessing. My friend Richard explains the top 5 things that people do wrong while paying off they’re debt. Some are obvious, some are not. Enjoy the read.
100+ Scholarships That Will Help You Pay For College
– by The Penny Hoarder – This article is FANTASTIC. There are so many college scholarships out there, but it’s often difficult to find the ones that you even have a shot of winning. This list of 100+ scholarships is reasonable and after entering for all of them, you might just have a free education on your hands! If you don’t have the money for college, check out these scholarships and apply, apply, apply!!