August is over and I made another pretty penny here on LifeAndMyFinances.com.
So how do I make my money? And I think the more important question is, “Is it possible for you to do the same thing and make money blogging too?”
That’s exactly why I share my income each month. I want to:
- Show you that it’s absolutely possible, and
- Tell you exactly how I do it so you can make money too!!
Boost Your Income, Get Out of Debt, Become Wealthy
This post may contain affiliate links.
I started a website 7 years ago, and I’ve made over $100,000 blogging. It’s not a fairy tale, and it’s not something that only your brainiac teenage neighbor can do. This is something that an average person with absolutely no knowledge of website design or development can do AND CAN SUCCEED AT. I firmly believe that.
You know why?
Because I’ve proven it.
I went to school for engineering. And then when I found out that engineering sucks, I earned my degree in finance. I never had one single class about starting a website…and I still created this blog from nothing to now reaching over 25,000 people every single month.
It’s absolutely possible for you. (And actually, you could probably do it better than me!)
So what’s your excuse? It certainly isn’t money…it only costs $24 through this special link, and that will cover you for your entire first year!
Start your website today. And if you need help signing up, just follow this tutorial that I created myself.
My August 2017 Blog Income Report
August was another pretty solid month of income. I can’t say it was an improvement over the prior months, but I have been putting myself in a great position to test the waters on some other income sources! Check out the new affiliate links below, and stay tuned for some more fun items that are yet to come!!
Past Monthly Incomes:
- Oct 2016 Income: $293.04
- Nov 2016 Income: $589.24
- Dec 2016 Income: $1,085.98
- Jan 2017 Income: $486.76
- Feb 2017 Income: $643.34
- March 2017 Income: $1,457.14
- April 2017 Income: $752.21
- May 2017 Income: $1,300.20
- June 2017 Income: $1,190.60
- July 2017 Income: $1,040.15
In August, this blog earned $932.36!
It’s not the grand+ that I was hoping for (dang it, I ruined my streak!! 🙁 ) , but you know what? It’s not too shabby considering I was focusing all my efforts on getting ahead in my writing, and pretty much ignored the income side for an entire month… oops. But the good news is, I’m now 3 weeks ahead in my blog posts! BOOM!! Time to work on monetizing September!
Breakdown of August Earnings
Alright, so where did all the income come from? Check out the play-by-play below!
- Google Adsense: $30.47
- Media.net: $13.18
- MyFinance: $60.71 (if you want me to connect you to them, just shoot me an email!)
- iPage (check out my tutorial on how to start a blog): $0
- Wealthsimple: $50 (Invest at no charge and receive $50 free!! Check out the offer here.)
- Motif Investing: $0
- Personal Capital: $0
- The Stay-at-Home Mom Blueprint: $3.00 (This is a fantastic new book that I’m promoting! Want to be a stay-at-home mom? This book will absolutely get you there!!)
- Uber: $0 (Want to make some extra money? Have you ever thought about driving with Uber? You could even deliver food! Check it out!)
- Direct private ads: $775.00 – I turned down another 15ish offers for scammy posts and accepted 6-7 posts that were actually helpful and informative.
Total = $932.36
Additional Blog News
I’m excited at all the new partners I’ve been able to bring on board over the last two months. These resources are valuable for you, my beloved readers, and they allow this site to earn an income so we can continue to expand and grow!
- Wealthsimple – a fantastic investment company that makes investing super simple. AND, invest today and earn $50!
- The Stay-at-Home Mom Blueprint – an eBook with 150 tips on how to save money and make money so you can stay at home with your kids!
- Uber – I’ve heard of people earning $60,000+ just by driving for Uber at nights. Screw delivering pizzas! Drive with Uber!
Blog Goals For 2017
Phew! That last month went by fast. Let’s take a look again at my goals for this site, and then check out my progress over the past month.
- Have one monthly income report shoot up over $2,000 – I actually went backwards here…and dipped below $1,000. It’s time to help more people with their finances, and in turn, I’ll earn more with this site.
- Boost my web traffic to 50,000 views per month – In July, I had 26,500 visitors. In August, I dipped down to 20,100. It’s not an uncommon drop with the end-of-summer madness, but I’d still rather this number tick up and not down! It’s time to do something different on this site… which leads me to my next goal…!!
- Host a giveaway – I haven’t done it yet, but I think this month is the time. Stay tuned and keep your eyes peeled for the next giveaway!
- Increase my social media reach – My Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest followers started at 1,335, 4,200, and 482, respectively. I want to bump these up to 1,600 (Facebook), 5,000 (Twitter), and 2,000 (Pinterest) by the end of this year. Currently, I’m at 1,367, 4,299, and 487. So, all have gone up, but I’ve definitely got some work to do!!
- Revamp my website – Haven’t started on this yet… I think I’m going to do it in 2 iterations, which will make the whole thing much less daunting. It’s coming, and it’s going to be awesome.
Alright, it’s go time!! Let’s see what we can accomplish!
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.