Here are the goals that I have for myself, and the progress I have made on them this past week.
My Goals And Plans
- Write at least 1 guest post per week in order to attract new readers — I have to admit that I did not write any NEW guest posts this week, but I have worked hard to get my already-written posts published on other sites. And, I have succeeded! Check it out at Free From Broke.
- Write an e-book that will only be available to my subscribers (projected date of completion, May 1, 2011) — I have completed all portions of my eBook, but still have some clean-up work to do. Plus, I need to make it pretty for all you readers! 🙂
- Continue to write well-thought-out articles 3-4 times per week — Yep, did this. Hopefully, you enjoyed them!
- Provide downloadable documents to help others with their personal finances — This is still in the early stages. I have a few ideas, but they are not yet realized.
- Offer email postings that will only be available to my subscribers, as a thank-you for their loyalty — Unfortunately, this did not happen this week due to weekend travels. A killer email will be coming soon.
- Hold giveaway contests where the subscribers will automatically be entered to win! — I just wrapped up a contest a couple of weeks ago. I will most likely hold another one in May to kick off my e-book.
With these actions, I aim to hit the subscriber projections:
- 114 subscribers by July 1, 2011 (I’m feeling a little better about this)
- 247 subscribers by October 1, 2011
- 1,154 subscribers by April, 2011
Unfortunately, blogperfume.com (which is where my charts on subscribers came from) has not been operational since a couple weeks ago, so I can’t show you the nifty charts that I’ve fallen in love with.
My subscribers are slowly creeping upward though. I was at 67 subscribers last week, and this week, I have increased to 70. It’s a steady rise that I am content with.
I did spend a little bit of time to increase my site’s loading speed. I’m writing so much great content that the site just couldn’t handle it! 😉
So, you should notice and very quick page-to-page load. Hope you enjoy it!
Here are some great reads I discovered this week. Take a look!
Passive Income: The Avenue to Extreme Weatlh – by me at Passive Family Income
I’m Out of Debt, Now What? – by me at Passive Family Income
How I Paid Off $25,000 of Debt in 14 Months – yes, this was by me as well – at Free From Broke
Dividend Investing: A Steel Company With a Quality Dividend– by Buy Like Buffett
Adam’s Golf: A Balanced Micro-Cap Golf Stock – written by JT McGee at Invest It Wisely
How to Recover From Bad Credit – by Beating Broke
Investing Fundamental #6: Roth IRA – by Retire by 40
Essential Steps to Buy a House – by My Personal Finance Journey
Home Buying Alert!– by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance
What is Your Personality Type?– by Bucksome Boomer
Be Careful When Picking a Mutual Fund Based on Its Name – by My Journey to Millions
Do The Amish Pay Taxes? – by Frugal Confessions
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.