Here are the goals that I have for myself, and the progress I have made on them this past week.
My Goals And Plans
- Write at least 1 guest post per week in order to attract new readers I really have been doing a great job keeping up with this, and I can see a definite improvement in my visitor numbers because of it. This past week, I had an article posted at The Centsible Life about how to teach your children about money. Click on the link to take a look! 🙂
- Write an e-book that will only be available to my subscribers (projected date of completion, May 1, 2011) The eBook is sure getting pretty! I think we might actually make the projected date of May 1! 🙂
- Continue to write well-thought-out articles 3-4 times per week Yep, did this. Hopefully, you enjoyed them!
- Provide downloadable documents to help others with their personal finances This is still in the early stages. I have a few ideas, but they are not yet realized.
- Offer email postings that will only be available to my subscribers, as a thank-you for their loyalty I sent one out yesterday, and only those of you that are subscribers will know what it said! 😉
- Hold giveaway contests where the subscribers will automatically be entered to win! I think I might do a $100 gift card promotion to kick off my eBook. I think this will really get the wheels moving on my site! I have to say that I’m pretty excited!
With these actions, I aim to hit the subscriber projections:
- 114 subscribers by July 1, 2011 (Im currently at 74 subscribers and feeling ok about this number)
- 247 subscribers by October 1, 2011
- 1,154 subscribers by April, 2011
As you can tell, my subscriber numbers are still creeping up and up and up (better than down I guess). My 12 month goal is 1,154 subscribers, so seeing the projected 565 is a little disheartening, but I suspect that my eBook will turn that around!
Thanks again to all of you that are subscribers, this site is for you! 🙂
Here’s some articles that I read this week and thought that you could benefit from. Take a look! 🙂
- Why Joining Blog Networks Wont Get You the Traffic You Need – by The Extra Money Blog
- Hate Your Job? It Could Be Worse – by Everyday Tips and Thoughts
- I cant pay my taxes. What can I do? – by Wealth Informatics
- Using Ebay to Teach Kids About Business – by Money Reasons
- Four Ways to Get Dinner on the Table Part Two: Prepare Meal Components – by Mom’s Plans
- Go Green: Recycle Computers and Other Old Stuff – by Yes, I Am Cheap
- Part-Time Job for Retirees: Blogger? – by Bucksome Boomer
- 3 Ways to Deal With a Declining U.S. Dollar – by Money Help for Christians
- The One Asset Youll Always Have– byFinancially Poor
- Paying Off Debt vs. Investing – at Budgeting in the Fun Stuff
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.