Here are the goals that I have for myself, and the progress I have made on them this past week.
My Goals And Plans
- Write at least 1 guest post per week in order to attract new readers — I’m still doing a good job with this. I recently had an article posted at My Journey to Millions, “How to Retire Wealthy”.
- Write an e-book that will only be available to my subscribers (projected date of completion, May 1, 2011) — The eBook was released as planned and is displayed directly to the right of this post! I’m so glad I completed it and everything has gone amazingly so far!
- Continue to write well-thought-out articles 3-4 times per week — Yep, did this again. Of course, most of my posts are now pertaining to houses since that’s what we’re looking at right now.
- Provide downloadable documents to help others with their personal finances — ….this still didn’t happen unfortunately. It’s still on the back-burner. I’m kind of waiting for someone to ask me about it. I’d hate to put a bunch of effort into something that no one will use.
- Offer email postings that will only be available to my subscribers, as a thank-you for their loyalty — Haven’t done this in a while. I’ll shoot for next week.
- Hold giveaway contests where the subscribers will automatically be entered to win! — This is going on right now and will continue through May 31! Make sure you check it out!
With these actions, I aim to hit these subscriber projections:
- 114 subscribers by July 1, 2011 (I’m currently at 133 subscribers! Woot! Looks like I already blew this projection out of the water!
- 247 subscribers by October 1, 2011 – This is the next goal! Already half way there!! 🙂
- 1,154 subscribers by April, 2011
These numbers are starting to get crazy! I mean, nearly 50,000 subscribers by mid-May of next year?!? I really doubt that, but a man can always hope right!? 🙂
I’m still shooting for 1,154 subscribers (the original goal) by April 1, 2012. It seems like a much more doable number, and I think it will still be challenging.
As you can tell, I have achieved most of my goals that I’ve been tracking, especially the eBook! Throughout this week, I’m going to come up with some new goals – I’ll share them with you next week. They should be good! 🙂
- How The Closure Of The Last Typewriter Factory May Relate To You by Everyday Tips and Thoughts
- Opportunity Cost and Opportunity Lost by Balance Junkie
- Preparing for a Test at the Last Minute by The Amateur Financier
- Relationship Drama via Social Networks by 20 and Engaged
- Thoughts from the silent partner by The Financial Blogger
- Weekly Stats and Money Update #18 for 2011 by Budgeting in the Fun Stuff
- What Makes a Good Negotiator by 101 Centavos
- What to Expect From the Conservatives? by Canadian Capitalist
- Why I Don’t Need a SmartPhone by Out of Debt Again
- My Story of How I have Lost 100+ Pounds, and Have Kept It Off For More Than Three Years: Part 1by Prairie EcoThrifter
- A New Reality: Planning for your precious retirement years with gold by Beating Broke
- Portfolio Update: HELOC Snapshot Post 400 Point Drop by Beating The Index
- BlackRock 2010 Periodic Table of Returns by DIY Investor
- Learning to Invest – Lesson 1 by Invest in the Markets
- When To Take Profits? or Losses? by The Passive Income Earner
- 100 Words On: When Financial Perfection Is the Enemy of Good by Len Penzo
- 5 Bible Verses John Wesley Used For His Money Decisions by Personal Finance By The Book
- Babci and Talking about Money by First Gen American
- Car Longevity: How Far Will You Go to Save Money? by Squirrelers
- HOW I MADE $500.00 IN TEN MINUTES-and you can too! by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance
- In China, Women Control the Budgets by MoneyMamba
- Money and Relationships: Agreeing on the Price of Your First Big Purchase by MomVesting
- Should You Give Your Kids An Allowance?by KNSFinancial
- What Exactly Is A Side Hustle? by Personal Finance Firewall
- Why pay someone when I can do it myself? by Control Your Cash
- 100 Most Value Global Brands 2011 by Yes I am Cheap
- 5 Overused Negotiation Strategies by Car Negotiation Coach
- Burnout Prevention: Secret Revealed by Dr. Dean
- Can You Tell a Story or a Joke?by krantcents
- Free Cars in The Future and High Gas Prices by Money Reasons
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.