This past week has been incredibly busy. I came back from a long weekend vacation on Monday and started playing catch-up for the work that didn’t get done while I was gone. On top of that, my wife and I are starting to look pretty seriously at purchasing a house. So, needless to say, the weekend came in a hurry!
Luckily, I have simplified my goals and narrowed my focus in order to make life a little bit easier.
My goals for June:
- Raise my subscriber numbers to 200 – My subscriber numbers are currently at 168, so I think I have a real chance of getting to 200 by the end of this month.
- Complete the 1st draft of my new eBook – regarding staying out of debt (vague I know, but I’d rather not give away the title before its release! – this project isn’t moving quickly.I really need to block some time in my calendar and bust out some real work. I have done a few things here and there, but at the rate I’m going, this eBook won’t even be done by Christmas!
- Continually post 3-4 new articles every week for my wonderful readers – this is something I never miss. My readers are definitely the most important people in relation to this site. I will not dissapoint them.
I did have some time to read some good posts this week, and of course, I wrote a few as well. Here are some reads you might like:
Articles I wrote
- How to Make Money Then and Now – written at Passive Family Income
- Work Harder, Then Work Smarter– written at Prairie Eco Thrifter
Articles Written by Others
- No to Anniversary Gifts. Yes to Anniversary Adventures! – by Budgets Are Sexy
- $100 To A New Home – by DINK’s Finance
- The Art of Complaining – by Debt Free by Thirty
- According to FEMA,My House Is Suddenly In A Flood Zone? – by Everyday Tips and Thoughts
- Is Blogging For Me? – by Money Reasons
- How to Hire a Home Inspector – by No Debt Plan
- June is National Safety Month – Make your home safer with these cheap/free tips – by Wealth Informatics
- I Quit Caffeine! – by Money Talks
- Could You Easily Cover a Sudden,Unexpected $2,000 Expense? – by Squirrelers
- Groupon vs. Google Offers – by Retire by 40
- Don’t Get Fooled: High Pressure Marketing Tactics – by Invest it Wisely
- Frugal Decadence at it’s Best – by Frugal Confessions
- Stock Trades: Sold Talison Lithium – by Beating the Index
- Financial Secrets are Cheating – by Financially Consumed
- What is Google Wallet? – by Financial Success for Young Adults
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.