Do you set goals for yourself on a regular basis?
As many of you know, I enjoy setting goals for myself quite regularly and I actually share them with my readers as well! It’s pretty risky because occasionally, I have proven myself a failure, but at other times, the goals were met and I felt like I was on top of the world! Either way, the site improves and my readers have a great time coming along for the ride.
So, let’s check out what goals I set for myself by the end of this year, 2011.
Goals For The Rest of This Year, Through December 2011
I have set three major goals for myself and have them listed below. Take a look at my progress.
1) Continue to Write 3-4 Posts Per Week – This is always a given, and I achieved this goal again last week. Can’t wait to do it again! 🙂
2) Develop a “Resources” Page – Done. It’s called, Start Your Own Blog.
3) Write the eBook – So I’m still not quite finished with chapter 4…. I’ve been a little side-tracked with my other projects, but will most definitely focus on this one since we’re now in the final two weeks of the year.
So I know you’ve noticed my slow progress on the eBook and you’ve been wondering, “What have you been working on this past week?” Well, I most certainly haven’t just been twiddling my thumbs, so here’s a list of all the things on my plate lately (I thought maybe you’d be interested in seeing the complete list):
- Life And My Finances (of course)
- Creating a Passive Income – my new site about creating a passive income for you future!
- Online Money Bloggers – a joint-venture with Corey from 20’s Finances that shows new bloggers how to make an online income.
- Grand Per Month – a site started by JT from Cashflow Mantra, and he’s asked me to partner with him. This site shows how almost anyone can generate an extra $1,000 per month, and gives a ton of ideas for them to do so.
- eBook and Website – I’ll be releasing my eBook by the end of this month and making a page to explain what it’s all about.
- Staff Writing – I’m still a staff writer for quite a few sites and will continue to do so in 2012.
2012 is going to be a crazy year, but I’m ready for the challenge. Bring it on!! 🙂
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.