Do you have goals and dreams for your future? Do you have them written down? Every week, I remind myself of my goals for the month to make sure that I’m on track for hitting them. Sometimes I’m way behind the eight ball, and other times I really feel like I have a good handle on them. Either way though, my site improves and my readers have a better experience from the improvements.
Did I Hit My February Goals?
In alignment with my yearly goals, these were my goals for the end of February:
- 800 subscribers – In an effort to increase my subscribers, I held a promotion to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card. It helped, but didn’t quite bring me to 800. Right now, I’m sitting at 750 subscribers. FAIL
- Earn $1,500 with LifeAndMyFinances.com – I’m not sure why this month was so magical, but I earned $3,525.05 with this site alone. Check out my February Income Report to see how I did it. SUCCESS!
- Begin building the new free resource on my site – I have a great idea for a new free resource, but it’s going to take some time. I’ll have to start drafting the details this week. To be honest though, my new site, “Creating a Passive Income” is starting to take off, so most of my extra time will go towards finalizing the site structure and reaching out to advertisers. Changed Focus/FAIL
- Pay an extra $1,200 on the mortgage at the end of February (actually on the first of March) – I just made the payment yesterday and it felt awesome! Our mortgage went from $69,000 down to $67,600. I can’t wait to make the next payment! SUCCESS!
So this past month was absolutely amazing. My visitor numbers are up, my income is up, and my other side ventures are starting to take off! Life is good – I can’t wait to see what March brings!
Goals For March
February is behind us. It’s time to make some goals for March!
- 900 Subscribers – I know I just keep raising the bar on my subscriber numbers, but the ultimate goal was to hit 1,154 by the end of April, and it’s starting to slip away from me! I need to figure out how to insert a phrase encouraging my readers to subscribe after each post. Does anyone know how to do this? I think it would help tremendously.
- Earn $1,500 with this site– I blew this number away in February, but I’m pretty sure it was just a fluke. I can’t count on this site to make $3,000 every month – it’s just not possible given the set-up that I have. Therefore, $1,500 is still a fairly lofty goal for this month.
- Finish the SEO Structure of CAPI – my new site, “Creating a Passive Income” is starting to move up the ranks for the keyword, “passive income”. I want to continue this progress by making sure that the structure of my site is conducive to a Google crawl. Ideally, I’ll get this build done within the week, not the entire month.
- Make Another $1,200 Payment on the Mortgage – In order to keep up with our goal to pay the house off in 4 years, we need to contribute an extra $1,200 each month. So far, we’re 1 for 1, but need plenty more successes to hit our overall goal.
Why I Love Dividend Growth Stocks – by My Money Talk
Dave Ramsey & Getting Out Of Debt – by The Debt Myth
Finding Extra Money For Paying Off Debt – by Cashflow Mantra
Goals and Extra Monthly Income Update – by Making Sense of Cents
Consumers to Spend Tax Return on Debt Relief – by Funancials
Non-Financial Benefits of Living a Frugal Life – by Freedom 48
Reader Question: Should I Refinance My Mortgage? – by Sense to Save
Rip the Curtain Away From the Wizard of Money – by Frugal Confessions
Average, Normal, Expected, and Ordinary – by Krantcents
Earning Extra Money Online With Paid Surveys – by Prairie Eco Thrifter
Looking to Profit From the Next Real Estate Bubble – by The Busy Executive Money Blog
Credit Card Spending Gone Overboard! – by Financial Samurai
February 2012 Cash Flow – by Retire by 40
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.