Struggling with Debt? Your Debt Expert has a solution!
If you’re living in Scotland and struggling with debt, don’t panic. Your Debt Expert is here to help you. With a no obligation debt advice service and a range of comprehensive debt solutions that cater to your individual circumstances, Your Debt Expert can help you on your way to freedom. Here are a few step by step tips to help you get started in taking control of your debts.
Count your buck$!
- When you first realise you may have a problem and you feel like you’re no longer in control of your debts, the first thing to do is assess your income and expenditure to calculate your Disposable Income (DI). Here’s how; take your Total Income, deduct your Total Expenditure(this does not include any repayments of debt) and your left with your Disposable Income and from this you can calculate how much you can comfortably afford to re-pay each month.
Speak to someone!
- This may be one of the hardest parts in dealing with debt but remember, you’re not alone in this, Your Debt Expert is here to help you every step of the way, maybe you’re finding yourself becoming more and more in arrears in your re-payments or you feel you are re-paying more than you can afford each month? When the warning signs are there, so are we. Contact us and speak to an expert in the field of debt management and personal insolvency.
With us, it’s personal.
- At Your Debt Expert we have experts in debt management in Scotland and licensed insolvency practitioners will review each and every one of our client’s personal circumstances when working out what debt solution would best suit you.
What are our solutions?
Your Debt Expert provide a range of tailored solutions, here are just a few of them:
- Debt Arrangement Schemes – A Debt Arrangement Scheme (DAS) is a solution designed to allow you to re-pay your debts in full over an extended period of time (up to around 10 years) and give you some breathing space when it comes to monthly re-payments. The DAS will freeze any interest on your debts allowing you an extended amount of time without increasing the amount you owe.
- Trust Deeds – A Trust Deed is a voluntary agreement that you can enter into with your creditors in order to re-pay as much as you can of your debt over a set period of time, normally 3-5 years. This solution is normally considered for large amounts of debt (typically over £8,000).
Please be aware that when considering a Trust Deed homeowners will have to release any equity they have or risk losing their home and that entering either of these schemes will affect your credit rating and ability to obtain credit in the future.
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.