Well June is officially over, so it’s time to evaluate how well I did on my goals! Let’s take a look.
1) Bring My Alexa Rank Down to 78,000 – 100% fail on this one. I have had less time to focus on expanding my reach lately and the numbers definitely reflect this. I was in the low 80,000s in the month of May, and now I am ranking around 95,000. I plan to hit this a little harder in the coming months, but for now, it just is what it is. I’ll continue to produce quality articles and provide valuable information to my readers, but as for reaching new readers, I just won’t have the time right now.
2) Make a Plan to Pay My Mortgage Down to $40,000 by the End of the Year – Check – I made a plan (see below). I plan to choose some web domains either today or tomorrow and get them prepped for a PageRank in the next couple of months.
“So here’s my idea. I am excellent at building websites and turning them into something that others want to buy (I get countless offers from others to buy this one). Most of the sites that I’ve built have quickly been ranked by Google with a PR3. If I can accomplish this with just 10 websites, I could easily come up with $15,000 from the sale of them all. Sure, it might take some work, but I’m always up for a challenge!”
3) Increase My Subscribers to Over 1,000 – I did it! At this moment I have 1,052 subscribers. It was so difficult to get to 1,000 subscribers, but now that I’ve done it, it seems like it’s so much easier to gain more and more. Before the thousand mark, it would have taken me a few months to gain 50 subscribers, and now it’s already happened! I’m excited to see what will come in the near future in regards to my subscriber numbers.
4) Write Every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday – As usual, yep, accomplished.
My life is incredibly busy right now – mainly because of my rigorous MBA courses. This month is going to be crazy with classes and work, so I’m going to keep the goals pretty basic this month.
1) Secure 10 domain names – In order to achieve my overall goal of bringing my mortgage down to $40,000 this year, I need to build some sites and sell them by the end of the year. Step one – buy the domain names. This is my goal for this month.
2) Write every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday – This is pretty standard. I like to keep my readers updated
Here’s the other great personal finance articles from the week:
Figuring Out the Home Buying Process – by Money Smart Guides
3 Ways to Further Your Career – by 20s Finances
Planning For The Future – by Modest Money
Student Loan Interest Rates Double Overnight – by Well Kept Wallet
Celebrate Small Wins to Keep Financial Motivation Alive – by Financial Samurai
5 Money Wasters You Can Cut Out From Life – by One Cent at a Time
Can You Roll Over Your 401(k) Into a Roth IRA? – by Good Financial Cents
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.