Want to find some quality personal finance articles while you sit there sipping your coffee? Lucky for you, you won’t need to sift through all the garbage today – I already did all that for you, and came up with five solid personal finance posts that will ultimately help you improve your financial situation. Check them out!
My Dad Borrowed $50,000 From Me and it Was a Complete Disaster
– by Valerie Rind – This story is absolutely unbelievable. Not only does it go against my rule of not lending money between family members, but there was also an insane amount of debt that was thrown around in this story! Rule of thumb, don’t model your life after this dad.
20 Signs That You’re Financially Stable
– by Well Kept Wallet – This post helped me realize how different life really is after ridding myself of all my debts. Three years ago, I definitely would have exhibited all the warning signs of financial instability. Where are you in your financial journey?
10 Things to Know About Your Partner’s Finances
– by One Cent at a Time – To be honest, I was a little scared to read this post since I just got married two weeks ago. What if I didn’t know all that I should have before tying the knot? What challenges are ahead of me? Thankfully though, my now-wife and I talked about our finances often and are very much on the same page when it comes to our goals and our current spending patterns. Take a look at the 10 things you should know – did any of them catch you by surprise?
Spoiled or Clueless? Try Working Minimum Wage Jobs
– by Financial Samurai – I always enjoy Sam’s writing, but this one is on the list of my top favorites from him. Even though Sam earns a solid 6-figure income each year, he has elected to become an Uber driver as well – mainly to gain some perspective on his life vs. the life of others. His experiences are unforgettable and certainly keep him humble about his situation.
Top 25 Millennial Personal Finance Bloggers
– by Financial Sumo – There are a lot of bloggers out there that hop into the field to try to make a quick buck. Most of them find out that it’s not that easy and quickly fade away. This list of 25 PF bloggers are the ones that have a passion for it and can’t wait to write each and every day! If you’re still left wanting more personal finance stuff at this point, take a look at some of these other writers. They really have some great stuff!
What did you learn today? And how was that cup of coffee?
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.