If you want to have a lot of money, then you’d better start reading. The only way to become successful is by knowing more tomorrow than you do today, and that can only be accomplished by daily learning. Jump start your learning today with the 10 best personal finance quotes below!
1. “I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” – Warren Buffett
If you follow the advice and actions of everyone else, you’ll achieve their level of success…which is often nothing. If you want to become rich, it’s often a better practice to do the exact opposite of the majority!
2. “The stock market is filled with individuals who know the price of everything, but the value of nothing.” – Phillip Fisher
So many people get involved in the stock market and day trading and think it’s their answer for wealth. In reality though, wealth isn’t in the market, it’s in the value of friendships and experiences.
3. “It’s not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for.” – Robert Kiyosaki
We live in a world where doctors are broke and janitors donate millions upon their death. If you make $400,000 a year, but also spend $400,000 a year and invest nothing, you’re still broke. Focus on how much you keep and how you’ll invest it instead.
4. “Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas.” – Paul Samuelson
Index funds are the sleepy way to wealth. They’re boring, simple, and effective. I’d rather my investments be yawners with consistent growth than an exciting roller coaster of overall modest gains.
Some people just don’t know what to do with their income as it rises. From what I’ve seen, they go out and buy expensive cars, nice clothes, and a house that’s way too big for their family. This method of money management often leads to wanting more, and like Emerson taught us, it too often costs us what’s truly important – our friends and our faith.
6. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison
Ugly real estate is an awesome investment, but people don’t want ugly real estate. The main reason why? It takes hard work and time to whip it back into shape.
7. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
College education is great, but it will rarely earn you a six-figure income straight out of school. Keep learning on your own. Read, listen to inspiring audios, and start a side-hustle. That’s where you’ll learn about earning a fortune.
8. “Money is a terrible master but an excellent servant.” – P.T. Barnum
In other words, don’t go into debt and become a slave to your lender. Save and invest. Put your money to work to grow more money. Again, and again, and again!
9. “Rich people have small TVs and big libraries, and poor people have small libraries and big TVs.” – Zig Ziglar
Many vow to never pick up another book after college. Their TVs are massive and their libraries are non-existent. These people are destined to go nowhere in life and will become mediocre at best.
10. “Don’t tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I’ll tell you what you value.” – Joe Biden
Makes you think, and it might make you guard your spending from the eyes of others! If you truly value the underprivileged kids in your area, then prove it with your financial gifts. The great thing about gifts is that it makes both parties giddy with joy.
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.