You can’t escape it. There’s Cribs, million dollar TV renovations, and Beach Front HGTV – all of which are telling you one thing. If you want to be viewed as a success, you need to have a fricken huge house…with a pool….and a massive garage for all of your sports cars.
The truth is, you don’t need to drive Ferrari’s and you don’t need to own a mansion on the ocean. In fact, you’ve got a better shot at millions if you don’t!
1) All You Need, You Already Have
– by Zen Habits – “As you sit here reading this article, pause and take an assessment of your life right now. Chances are, you have enough food, clothing, shelter, and other basic necessities in your life. You might also have loved ones, people who care about you. You are (mostly) comfortable, without any desperate needs. All you need, you already have….” Loved this article. A great reminder for all of us.
2) I Had to Learn to Stop Splurging on My Son
– by The Washington Post – I see it all the time. A small bribe here, a quick gift there. Kids are crazy spoiled today. And then it comes back to bite the parents in the butt. I’m definitely taking note as my little one is getting older by the day. She’ll soon talk and beg me for little plastic ponies that I can easily afford. But I’m going to have to say, “no” – not because I’m cheap, but because it will make her a better person.
3) The High Cost of Not Investing Now
– by Stefanie O’Connell – There are so many millennials that are choosing not to invest today and it’s absolutely horrifying. They are told that they need to invest soon, but few are heeding the warning. Take note of this article and the high cost of not investing now.
4) Retire a Millionaire in 10 Steps
– by Investopedia – No huge surprises here. Stay out of debt, invest, watch your spending, and do it for life. Sometimes the best articles aren’t the ones that shock you, but tell you exactly what you need to hear. Follow these steps first and you’ll be well on your way to millionaire status at retirement.
5) Class of 2016, Here’s How You Can Become a Multimillionaire
– by Fool.com – Do you realize how much you need to invest to become a multi-millionaire? If you start early, not much. If you start late, thousands…every month! Time makes a massive difference when it comes to investing. Stop waiting and start investing today.
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.