Is your salary lower than you’d like? Are you dissatisfied with your job? Have you ever wondered how you could make money on the side?
I had these same exact thoughts 6 years ago and that’s exactly the reason I started my blog. This single decision bumped my side income up to $10,000+ a year and it also improved my day job salary because I was proving my interest and skill in finance. If you’ve thought about blogging on the side, I would highly recommend it. In fact, here’s a step-by-step tutorial that shows you how to set up your blog for less than $24!
100+ Ways to Make Money on the Side
If you’d rather stab your eyes out than start a blog, then I’d suggest looking to these five other fantastic sources. All combined, there’s more than 100 ways to make money on the side here.
Let the games begin! Good luck!
29 Smart Ways to Make Money on the Side in 2017
– by the Penny Hoarder – Want to make bank with some fun side gigs? Then you definitely want to read this post. I mean, who would have thought of painting murals for $60 an hour? Not me.
– by Daily Worth – Spoiler alert. One of their recommendations is consulting. This is something I originally thought was only for big-time executives that have been in the field for 30+ years.
If you have knowledge of a subject that could help a company perform better and earn more money (or stop losing money), then they’d be more than willing to compensate you for your services.
I’m actually getting started with this for personal finance. Companies know that the better off their employees are financially, the better work they’ll do and the longer they’ll stick around at that employer. This means happier employees and less turnover. If I can get through to the employees, my fee is pennies compared to the return the company will experience.
60+ Ways to Make Money on the Side
– by Budgets Are Sexy – This list is awesome. Basically, J. Money wrote 60+ individual articles about making extra money and then links to each one from this post. These span from running your own Christmas tree stand (which earns $1,500 a week for 5 weeks) to working as a bouncer! Love it!
Top 10 Side-Jobs That Can Make Money Easily
– by LifeHack – If painting murals or throwing people out of bars isn’t your thing, then maybe you’d like to choose from a more sensible list. You know, normal stuff like tutoring or doing a paper route. Then this list is for you. Check it out!
15 Side Jobs to Make Some Extra Money
– by The Balance – Not only does this post list 15 legitimate side jobs. It provides additional links to help you get started. Want to know how to land a job as a caregiver? Then this is the place for you.
What Will You Do?
Okay…these articles will give you the ideas and the tools for you to start your very own side gig, but it’s up to you to actually take action!
So what will you do? Will you continue to sit on the couch night after night, wishing you had more money? Or will you put on your big boy pants and actually do something about your meager income? It’s time to make a change! Start a side gig that you’re excited about and make this year your year!
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.