Welcome to my July 2017 blog income report, where I share in exact detail how much I earned with this website and how I did it!
Some of you may be wondering, “Why in the heck would you share your income? Isn’t this personal? Doesn’t that feel weird?”
It’s true, we’re all taught to never talk about money and we’ve certainly been advised to never disclose our personal income! But, I’ve got thousands of reasons for doing it, and right now, you’re one of those reasons… I write these posts to help you, my readers!
Boost Your Income, Get Out of Debt, Become Wealthy
This post contains affiliate links.
My motto here at this site has always been, ‘Get out of debt, save money, and be rich.’ There are millions of people out there struggling with their finances right now. They’ve got debt and THEY WANT OUT. But they’re not sure how to do it.
The absolute best way to get out of debt is by decreasing your lifestyle and jacking up your income! And, the absolute BEST WAY I’ve found to improve your income is by starting a simple website. It costs just $24 to start (for the entire first year!!) and it could earn you hundreds of thousands of dollars within just a few years!
I started this website back in August of 2010 (Hey, it’s nearly my 7th year anniversary! Woot woot!), and since then I’ve earned more than $100,000 because of it! It’s allowed me to pay off my consumer debt, my mortgage, and is now one of the reasons my wife can stay home with our daughter!! It’s been an awesome ride, and whenever people ask me what they should do to boost their income, I obviously tell them to START A WEBSITE!!
Don’t know the first thing about starting a website? Neither did I. I was stuck Googling, “How do I….” about a hundred times a day for the first 3 months. Good thing for you, I now have an entire page devoted to you that’s titled, “Start Your Own Blog“. Here, you’ll learn how to:
- Choose a topic (and domain name) that will make you money
- Sign up with iPage for just $24
- Make your blog look amazing right from the start
- Structure your blog to start making money fast!!
And…I’m Willing to Help!
I’m so passionate about people starting their own blogs that I’m pretty much willing to pitch in and help wherever possible!
- Having trouble setting up your webpage? Email me (derek @ lifeandmyfinances [dot] com).
- Want to know if your topic is a good idea? Email me.
- Want help signing up? Heck, let’s Skype and figure it out!
Seriously. I love to help people win (which is why I started this blog in the first place!). If you’re ready to win with a brand spankin’ new blog, then let’s get started and make it the best one ever!
My July 2017 Blog Income Report
July was a pretty fun time! The weather was awesome here in West Michigan, which allowed Liz and Addi and I to take some mini-vacations in the sun! And somehow in the midst of all the travel and fun, I was able to keep up on my posts and actually make some pretty decent money (you people must be crazy…reading this blog…in the SUMMER TIME!! Lol, keep it up though. I obviously appreciate it!).
- Oct 2016 Income: $293.04
- Nov 2016 Income: $589.24
- Dec 2016 Income: $1,085.98
- Jan 2017 Income: $486.76
- Feb 2017 Income: $643.34
- March 2017 Income: $1,457.14
- April 2017 Income: $752.21
- May 2017 Income: $1,300.20
- June 2017 Income: $1,190.60
In July, this blog earned $1,040.15. BOOM!
That’s 3 months in a row I’ve recorded an income of >$1,000. And THAT’S AWESOME!! Maybe in the next few months I’ll be able to bump it up to $2,000??? I’ve got plans my friends (see the bottom of this post), and I definitely think it’s possible!
Breakdown of July Earnings
Alright, so how did we score such a ridiculous income with this blog again in the month of July? Here’s the breakdown.
- Google Adsense: $36.22
- Media.net: $21.05
- MyFinance: $217.88 (if you want me to connect you to them, just shoot me an email!)
- iPage (check out my tutorial on how to start a blog): $105
- Wealthsimple: $150 (Invest at no charge and receive $50 free!! Check out the offer here.)
- Motif Investing: $0
- Personal Capital: $0
- Direct private ads: $510
Total = $1,040.15!
Additional Blog News
If you didn’t notice above, I brought on a new partner last month, Wealthsimple.
I’ve done my homework, spoken with their employees, and have even investing my own money with them, and I think they’re FANTASTIC.
Wealthsimple is exactly what the name implies – they help you build wealth simply.
You know you need to invest to have a bright future, but it can sure be scary! Wealthsimple takes all of the fear out of investing. All you have to do is answer a few questions, and then they provide a well-diversified recommendation of how you should invest your money. Simply click, “Yes”, load some money into the fund from your bank, and you’re invested. AND, for a limited time, they’ll even pay you an extra $50 just for investing! It’s an awesome deal and I personally believe that everyone should sign up with them.
Here’s the tutorial to start investing with Wealthsimple. If you have any questions, just let me know!
Blog Goals For 2017
Yes, it’s August, but that doesn’t mean that I can’t start making goals for this site! By the end of this year, I’d like to:
- Have one monthly income report shoot up over $2,000 – …and…I want to do it the right way, with direct ads making up less than half of that income. In other words, I want to help people start their own websites (via iPage) and start investing money (through Wealthsimple) and get paid for helping people WIN!
- Boost my web traffic to 50,000 views per month – The most traffic I’ve ever had was about 40,000 visitors. On average, I’m around 20,000-25,000. So, 50,000 is a pretty MASSIVE goal, but all it takes is one or two great posts and a site like LifeHacker or Business Insider picking it up! It’s happened before and it can happen again.
- Host a giveaway – If there’s one thing that I could improve on in life, it’s marketing. I have so many crazy-good articles on this site, but since I don’t often think to market them effectively, no one ever gets to read them or benefit from them. I’ve been talking about doing a giveaway since forever ago. It’s time…and it’s coming soon!
- Increase my social media reach – My Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest followers are 1,335, 4,200, and 482, respectively. I want to bump these up to 1,600 (Facebook), 5,000 (Twitter), and 2,000 (Pinterest) by the end of this year.
- Revamp my website – My site looks okay, but it could definitely be improved. AND, it would help my retention a ton. If people don’t think that I’m serious about my website and its appearance, then they won’t take it seriously either.
Alright, it’s go time!! Let’s see what we can do!
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.