September is officially over and as it turns out, this blog is still bringing in some moolah! It’s still not quite as much as I’d like, but that’s pretty much always the case isn’t it?
So how do I make my money? And I think the more important question is, “Is it possible for you to do the same thing and make money blogging too?”
That’s exactly why I share my income each month. I want to:
- Show you that it’s absolutely possible, and
- Tell you exactly how I do it so you can make money too!!
Boost Your Income, Get Out of Debt, Become Wealthy
This post may contain affiliate links.
I started a website 7 years ago, and I’ve made over $100,000 blogging. It’s not a fairy tale, and it’s not something that only your super-genius teenage neighbor can do. This is something that an average person with absolutely no knowledge of website design or development can do AND CAN SUCCEED AT. I firmly believe that.
You know why?
Because I’ve proven it.
I went to school for engineering. And then when I found out that engineering sucks, I earned my degree in finance. I never had one single class about starting a website…and I still created this blog from nothing to now reaching over 25,000 people every single month.
It’s absolutely possible for you. (And actually, you could probably do it better than me! This whole marketing thing….it’s tiring ;))
So what’s your excuse? It certainly isn’t money…it only costs $24 through this special link, and that will cover you for your entire first year!
Start your website today. And if you need help signing up, just follow this tutorial that I created myself. You absolutely won’t regret it.
My September 2017 Blog Income Report
September was another pretty solid month of income. It wasn’t my best, but it certainly wasn’t my worst. I firmly believe that I can help a ton of people and earn MORE money via helpful tools and products. My goal: to make $2,000 a month with this blog. I’m not there yet, but I believe I’m taking the right steps to get there – and hopefully soon!
- Oct 2016 Income: $293.04
- Nov 2016 Income: $589.24
- Dec 2016 Income: $1,085.98
- Jan 2017 Income: $486.76
- Feb 2017 Income: $643.34
- March 2017 Income: $1,457.14
- April 2017 Income: $752.21
- May 2017 Income: $1,300.20
- June 2017 Income: $1,190.60
- July 2017 Income: $1,040.15
- August 2017 Income: $932.36
In September, this blog earned $1,046.27!
Well, it’s over a thousand bucks, so that’s always cool! AND, I earned quite a bit of money through affiliate links, which is AWESOME because it means I’m helping my readers and I’m getting paid passively. Hopefully, I can keep this train chugging toward that $2,000 mark!
Breakdown of September Earnings
Alright, so where did all the income come from? Check out the detail below!
- Google Adsense: $20.75
- Media.net: $4.07
- MyFinance: $41.45 (if you want me to connect you to them, just shoot me an email!)
- iPage Hosting: $105
- check out my tutorial on how to start a blog
- Wealthsimple Investing: $300
- I’ve already earned 4% with my portfolio in just 3 months! You’ve GOT to check this out! 6 other people got started and are LOVING it!
- Personal Capital: $100
- track your money like a pro – and it’s FREE!!
- The Stay-at-Home Mom Blueprint: $0
- This is a fantastic new book that I’m promoting! Want to be a stay-at-home mom? This book will absolutely get you there!!
- Uber: $0
- Want to make some extra money? Have you ever thought about driving with Uber? You could even deliver food! Check it out!
- Direct private ads: $475.00 – I turned down a slew of spammy guest post offers and accepted just 4 that were actually helpful to you, the readers!
Total = $1,046.27
Additional Blog News
I’m excited at all the new partners I’ve been able to bring on board over the last two months. These resources are valuable for you, my beloved readers, and they allow this site to earn an income so we can continue to expand and grow!
- Wealthsimple – a fantastic investment company that makes investing super simple. Absolutely anyone can invest with this tool!
- The Stay-at-Home Mom Blueprint – an eBook with 150 tips on how to save money and make money so you can stay at home with your kids!
- Uber – I’ve heard of people earning $60,000+ just by driving for Uber at nights. Screw delivering pizzas! Drive with Uber!
Blog Goals For 2017
Phew! I can’t believe we’re already nearing the end of another year. Let’s take a look again at my goals for this site, check my progress, and then make a crazy game plan to actually hit these crazy goals I made for myself…
- Have one monthly income report shoot up over $2,000 – Still not quite there. I’m still hovering around the $1,000 mark. I need to keep recommending Wealthsimple, and I really need to get a post together to recommend Uber, my newest affiliate.
- Boost my web traffic to 50,000 views per month – Sheesh, this one’s been tough. I’ve got to write another controversial post that gets picked up by LifeHacker. They bring crazy traffic to my site (like, 10,000+ visitors a day). That’s for the short term. For the long-term, I’ve got to keep promoting my #1 tool, the Debt Snowball Calculator.
- Host a giveaway – Annnnnd last month really slipped away on me. Alright, resetting the calendar. THIS month is the month for a free giveaway.
- Increase my social media reach – My Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest followers started at 1,335, 4,200, and 482, respectively. I want to bump these up to 1,600 (Facebook), 5,000 (Twitter), and 2,000 (Pinterest) by the end of this year. Currently, I’m at 1,384, 4,305, and 499. They’re all moving up, but not quickly enough. I’ve got some work to do here!
- Revamp my website – Step one of the site revamp is complete. What do you think? I took away the left sidebar and cleaned up the pages to look a little more sleek. The next step is either going with a new theme, or revamping my landing page and header to something more modern. Stay tuned on this one. More to come!
Alright, it’s go time!! Let’s see what we can accomplish in October!
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.