I started this blog just over 7 years ago and have earned over $75,000 with it. CRAZY HUH? And this year I’m on track to gross another $12,000!
I don’t put these numbers out there to gloat or to put myself up on a pedestal. My hope is that you’ll see the dollars that can be made online, realize that absolutely anyone can earn a nice income by doing exactly what I do, and then start making money yourself! If you’re passionate about a topic that people can’t get enough of, I firmly believe that you can earn thousands of dollars per month too!
Seriously…I’m really not that special. If I can do this, you can do this.
With the articles below, you’ll be able to get your page started for just $24, have it looking awesome, AND get it set up to start earning some money! There’s really no reason to wait! If you ever thought about starting a blog, now is the time. Just click the banner below to get started and use the following links to guide you along the way!
- How to Start a WordPress Blog on iPage for $24
- 2 Steps to Make Your Blog Look Awesome (and actually make some money!)
- Top 10 Blog Topics for Your New WordPress Blog
- 10 Things You Need to Do to Set Your Blog Up For Success
- 6 Things I Did to Start Earning Money With My Blog
My October 2017 Blog Income Report
October was a pretty good month. To be honest, I was a little distracted with the purchase of our second rental property (be sure to check out the initial walk-through video!). My wife and I have already spent many days and nights demoing the ceiling, walls, floors….pretty much everything, so my spare time for website strategy has been non-existent.
My goal, of which I only have two more months to accomplish, is to make $2,000 in a single month with this blog. So far, the closest I’ve gotten was $1,457. Honestly, I think this month has to be the one. I’ve got to buckle down, help a ton of people achieve their goals, and then I’ll achieve mine. It’s not going to be easy with this project house, but I’m still going to give it a try!!
- Oct 2016 Income: $293.04
- Nov 2016 Income: $589.24
- Dec 2016 Income: $1,085.98
- Jan 2017 Income: $486.76
- Feb 2017 Income: $643.34
- March 2017 Income: $1,457.14
- April 2017 Income: $752.21
- May 2017 Income: $1,300.20
- June 2017 Income: $1,190.60
- July 2017 Income: $1,040.15
- August 2017 Income: $932.36
- September 2017 Income: $1,046.27
In October, this blog earned $1,054.20!
Ha, talk about eeking out at just over a thousand bucks again!! 😉 It’s still a little bit surreal to make this much money with a simple website, but at the same time I really want to accomplish my goal of $2,000 (with half coming from affiliate sales).
Let’s breakdown how I earned this money, and then I’d like to lay out a goal of how I plan to earn the $2,000. I have plenty of helpful products that my readers should sign up for, and I get paid for in the process. It’s really a win-win, and there’s absolutely no reason for me not to promote these products heavily! Watch out $2,000! Here I come! 🙂
Breakdown of October Earnings
Alright, so where did all the income come from? Check out the detail below!
- Google Adsense: $23.45
- Better than last month! AND I moved it to a less conspicuous area! Crazy how that works.
- Media.net: $0.00
- I’m done with these hooligans. The payouts were always pretty lousy and the ads just replicated the Adsense ads…
- MyFinance: $135.25
- I love this company! Their ads are helpful and the payout is typically pretty good! If you want me to connect you to them, just shoot me an email!
- iPage Hosting: $0
- check out my tutorial on how to start a blog
- Wealthsimple Investing: $50
- I’ve already earned 4% with my portfolio in just 3 months! You’ve GOT to check this out! Invest $100 and get a free $50 through November!
- Personal Capital: $0
- track your money like a pro – and it’s FREE!!
- The Stay-at-Home Mom Blueprint: $3
- This is a fantastic new book that I’m promoting! Want to be a stay-at-home mom? This book will absolutely get you there!!
- Want to make some extra money? Have you ever thought about driving with Uber? You could even deliver food! Check it out!
- Direct private ads: $842.50 – I accepted six helpful direct ads this past month and turned down at least 10-15. I still made a nice chunk of change here!
Total = $1,054.20
Additional Blog News
Not a ton of news from last month – other than the fact that Liz and I bought our second rental house. We’ll be fixing it up over the next few months and I’ll be showing you a TON of pictures and videos along the way. Stay tuned for those!
Blog Goals For 2017
Holy cow…It’s November. I don’t have too much time to hit all these goals! Let’s see where we’re at.
- Have one monthly income report shoot up over $2,000 – Nope, not yet. But I still believe I can do it. I’m going to focus this month!!
- Boost my web traffic to 50,000 views per month – This one has been a little rough. I’ve actually been going in the opposite direction. Last month, I asked my media person to whip up a nice banner for the Debt Snowball Calculator so I can better promote it. I think it’s time to get that thing to go viral. I’ll be trying hard this month!!
- Host a giveaway – I finally did it! In honor of my 7-year blogiversary, I hosted a giveaway of four great prizes worth $230! Winners are announced in the next section of this post! 🙂
- Increase my social media reach – We’re continuing to climb here, but not quite as fast as I’d like. My Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest followers started at 1,335, 4,200, and 482, respectively. I want to bump these up to 1,600 (Facebook), 5,000 (Twitter), and 2,000 (Pinterest) by the end of this year. Currently, I’m at 1,414, 4,354, and 534.
- Revamp my website – I did make an update. It wasn’t huge, but it sure was helpful. With the new sleeker look, people are definitely hanging around longer and visiting more pages.
The Blogiversary Giveaway Winners!!!
The giveaway sure was a blast. We had over 400 entries and there were so many great suggestions for future posts. I can’t wait to get started on each and every one of them!
The prizes that were up for grabs were:
- A Total Money Makeover book
- A Walmart Giftcard
- A Free Budget Session with ME!
- A Financial Peace University pack worth $130!!
So who were the luck winner?? Let’s find out!
The Total Money Makeover
….and the winner is…. Spencer!! Congrats Spencer!
Walmart Gift Card
….who wants a free Walmart gift card?? I bet Rosanne does! Congrats Rosanne!
Personal Finance Review
…Ready to sharpen up your budget?? I can help! Let’s get started, Karen Young! I can’t wait!
Financial Peace University
…This is an awesome gift – one that I would quickly give to any one of my friends looking for financial help. It can get a little pricey…but not for Petra! It’s yours free! Enjoy the class, learn a ton, and grow wealthy!! Congrats!
I sent an email to all the winners yesterday. Be sure to get back with me so I can send your prize your way. Thanks again everyone for reading and commenting! It still really is a blast for me, and I can’t wait to see what this blog brings in the future!!
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.