Are there any real ways to earn money online? Absolutely! But these days, it’s going to take a little research and elbow grease to avoid the scams, low-paying “side gigs”, and to avoid being overworked and burnt out.
However, there are many legitimate ways that you can earn money online. Let’s talk about them!
How can I make $100 a day on the internet?
It’s entirely possible to make $100 a day on the internet.
- A computer, laptop, or phone. Usually, a computer or laptop are the best options, but there are ways to make $100 a day on your phone too. It will just take more time and research.
- Consistency, and knowing when and how to work hard.
- A time commitment, depending on which side hustle or job you choose. There are some gigs that pay less and will require more hours, but others need certain skillsets.
- Knowledge about technology. And I’m not just talking about email. Skills on social media, graphic design, copywriting, coding, and more can come in handy. But don’t try to work from home if you can’t work on a computer.
How can I earn money as a student?
We talk about ways to earn money online below, but to earn money as a student, you’ll need to have the time and resources.
In cases like this, I highly suggest using social media and creating your own platform, or using the skills you’re learning in college. For example, if you’re really great at math or science, you could be a tutor online and charge upwards of $20 or more an hour through sites like Chegg.
Also, try not to spend too much money to get started. All you should need is a computer or laptop. Start by offering services to avoid having to carry an inventory or selling physical products (which is hard to do in a dorm or small apartment!).
How can I make money as a stay-at-home parent?
All of the jobs we list below can be done to make money as a stay-at-home parent!
But, if you’re looking for easy side hustles, and not a full-time or part-time opportunity, but more so under 10 hours a week, try…
- Becoming a virtual assistant
- Tutoring/Teaching with sites like Outschool
- Create printables for other stay-at-home parents and sell them online (Etsy is great for this!)
Or any other side hustle you can do in the little bit of spare time you get!
Related: 44 Side Jobs For Moms
No job is going to pay super fast, not even a side gig.
These are not get-rich-quick schemes. However, if you can dedicate some time and energy, many of the jobs on this list can start earning you money within the first month. Just don’t expect to get paid within an hour or two!
Where can I get free money?
Again, these aren’t get-rich-quick schemes, and also, there is no such thing as “free money”. It has to come from somewhere, whether it be your time, talents, or money.
Unfortunately, we haven’t been able to create and plant money trees, so you’ll have to work for what you want.
But, many of the ways that you can earn money online are fairly easy and just take time and dedication to see a profit. So if you’re willing to give those a try, keep reading!
How can I make money online with my phone?
It’s slightly harder to make money online with your phone, mainly because phones don’t always have the capability to access sites and tools that computers do.
But, there are a few ways to earn money with just your phone, including…
- Taking surveys
- Selling items (including old items or thrifted finds) on eBay and Facebook Marketplace
- Being a part of focus groups
- Become a mystery shopper
- Become a blogger
- Start A YouTube, TikTok, or Instagram account and be an influencer, or
- Help content creators and entrepreneurs with their social media
Of course, there will always be other ways and new ways to earn money online, even with your phone. But these options are considered legit and are easy to get started with right now.
Now that we’ve talked about how you can earn money online, let’s talk about a few jobs and opportunities that you can get.
1) Build an eCommerce Store
A quick way to start your own online store is to join Amazon FBA, which stands for Amazon Fulfillment by Amazon. You could sell items you make personally, or even try drop-shipping, where you buy items in bulk, have them shipped to an Amazon warehouse, and sell them at a profit.
After you create a listing on their platform and ship your products to their warehouses, the giant retailer will handle customer service and drop ship your products to your customers.
Here are two tips to help you succeed:
- Price your products competitively and manage your inventory levels. Since FBA takes a cut on each sale, factor that in your pricing.
- You’ll have to choose popular products to compete with other sellers. One straightforward way to decide what to sell is to look at Amazon trending products.
2) Start A Freelancing Business
Have some skills that you already use at your current job or in the past? Some of the most popular freelancing services are copywriting, web development, digital marketing consulting, and social media management. If you have any of those skills or have some others that you know could be profitable, try starting a freelance business!
You can start your online business by following a few simple steps:
- Select the right platform. Visit job board sites and join networks that connect freelancers with clients.
- Make your profile stand out. Your potential client is searching for someone who is not only qualified but also trustworthy. To build credibility, add testimonials from past clients as well as relevant information about your experience and skills.
- Manage your time wisely and stay organized. To build repeat clients, keep track of your projects and do your best to fulfill your commitments on time.
If you follow these basic tips, you’ll be well on your way to getting enough freelance jobs to become a successful online freelancer.
Blogging is not only a way to earn money but also to share ideas with people who are interested in related topics. So write about your favorite topics for a target audience to establish your expert status and build your brand.
You can monetize your blog by promoting affiliate products that you believe in. You can also share your opinion on products that you’ve used to educate consumers about their benefits.
There are many other ways to make money from your blog too, including adding that you’re a freelancer and having a “Hire Me” page. But of course, you’ll be able to decide what works best for you once you start earning an income, and from there you can decide on where you want to spend your time.
Related: Start Your Own Blog (written by Derek himself!)
4) Launch a YouTube Channel
Although it takes time and effort to start a YouTube channel, you can earn a significant recurring income when you build a large following.
After establishing a loyal following, start collaborating with sponsors to earn an affiliate income. Find companies whose products would suit your channel. If you have a cooking show, for example, approach companies that sell kitchen appliances and cookware.
And, you can also sign up with Google Adsense, which pays you per view. It’s not much, but it certainly helps once you hit a certain follower size and when people are watching your content!
Working from home as a virtual assistant may be the perfect opportunity if you have the necessary office-based skills.
A virtual assistant provides administrative support for clients located all over the country. This allows them to work from anywhere they have internet access.
Although your duties as a virtual assistant vary, they can be anything from event coordinating to social media scheduling and even community building. And, as you gain new skills, you’ll also be able to earn more and update the services you offer.
To be a successful virtual assistant, you should have excellent communication and organizational skills. You’ll also need to be comfortable learning different types of software since some of your clients may want to use certain ones.
Real Ways To Earn Money Online: Let’s Get Started!
No matter which of these gigs you choose, these are some of the most popular ways of becoming your own boss. If you’re currently employed, you can always start these online jobs as a side hustle. But you can easily turn them into full-time gigs if you want!
Are you excited about these real ways to earn money online? They’re absolutely legit! Which will you choose?
AUTHOR Kimberly Studdard
Kim Studdard is a project manager for online entrepreneurs and small businesses. When she isn't spending time with her daughter and husband, or reading her growing pile of horror books, you'll find her working on her HR degree and working towards FIRE.