Everyone wants to know how to become rich, and it IS possible, but not everyone is willing to do what it takes. Some people search the phrase, “how to become rich”, but for every one person that’s searching about how they can become rich in their lifetime, there are about 10 more people searching for “how to get rich quick” and “the easiest ways to become wealthy”.
People love the idea of having money, but they’re not always looking for a slow-moving 9-step program to get them there.
So first off, congratulations for being interested and reading this far! You’re already part of the elite 10%! Now it’s time to read on and complete the mission – to grow wealthy and live a stress-free life and to never have to worry about money ever again!
How to Become Rich in 9 Actionable Steps!!
My wife and I are on our way to wealth because we’ve followed the steps outlined below. We’re nothing special and we don’t earn hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. We’re just regular people like you, but we’ve searched countless times and have compiled a list of what we believe are the steps for building wealth. We consistently asked the question, “how to become rich?” and we have learned all the answers. And now, we’re willing to share it with all of you!!
Come along with us on our journey to wealth! Simply follow the steps below and you’ll likely get there. Heck, you might even beat us there!!
1) Ignore the Get Rich Quick Ads
Anyone that tells you that you can get rich quick is a scam artist. They know how to get rich quick…and it’s by suckering you in, taking as much of your money as possible, and then tossing you aside as they hunt down their next victim.
- Get rich quick in real estate,
- multi-level marketing,
- beating the lottery,
- counting cards at the casino,
- picking the right penny stocks,
- investing in high-risk currencies…
These are all scams. They promise a quick return. All you have to do is take their class, sign up as a member, and then sit back and watch the money roll in…except it never does.
Anything that promises a quick return is a lie. Run away. Far far away….
2) Give Some of Your Money Away
It sounds counter-intuitive doesn’t it? If you want to have lots of money, give it away…
No, this isn’t the Prosperity Gospel, and it isn’t a way for me to scam you out of your money (if you were about to send me a few bucks, please refer back to step #1 ;)). I believe that giving money away does three specific things to a person, which allows them to grow their wealth beyond what they would have ever dreamed.
- Giving first requires that you find a need, and in finding a need you begin to realize how much worse life is for some people. This then inspires you to live a more content life.. ie. to spend less money on yourself and enable you to save more (even though you’re giving more).
- Giving gives you a feeling of satisfaction, which you’ll soon find is even more of a high than buying something super awesome for yourself. So, not only do you become frugal out of guilt or contentment, you become frugal so you can give and experience a happiness that you’ve never known before!
- And finally, giving allows others to think about you differently. They might not even know that you give away thousands of dollars to homeless people in your neighborhood, but they can sense it. When you give, you get this aura about you that says, “I care about you and your struggles” and it makes people want to do things for you – to befriend you, to help you, and to even give you money since they sense how much of a quality person you are.
Now again, these things might not all happen (the prosperity gospel basically promises you financial riches), but I believe it’s good to give regardless. Start giving to people in need and you’ll begin to understand what I’m talking about!
3) Find a Need and Fill It
Poor people look for a job that’s easy and won’t take up their weekends. If you’re looking for how to become rich, fight against that mentality. Instead, ask yourself, “What do people need that they’re currently not getting?, or “Can I simplify something that people are already buying (or doing)?”
- A website or book about a topic that’s not very well covered, but has a ton of interest
- A tool that will help people perform a task easier and faster (like…a wine opener that actually works, a make-up application kit that doesn’t take an hour, or a way to get a beer out of the fridge without getting up and missing the game (can anyone say, a walking fridge?? Patent pending!!! Lol.))
- Or maybe the best idea in your area is as simple as becoming the local dog-walker!
Wherever you go and whatever you’re doing, always have this thought in your mind… “What do people need?”, and “How could I make this situation better?”
Oh, and by the way, this doesn’t always lead to starting your own business. The answers to this question could lead you into a particular career field or job! If you have a great question and some solid answers to those questions, then it could lead to a GREAT job!!
4) Find Mentors That Already Are Where You Want to Be
If you want to be a CEO when you grow up, who should you ask about how to get there?
- Your Dad, the janitor?
- Your teacher at school?
- Or maybe your buddy that just landed an internship at a big firm?
…While it might be easy to ask these people, the answer is “none of the above”.
If you want to be the CEO of a company….then go talk to some CEOs! And you know what? They’re probably more than willing to give some advice to a smart guy or girl like you that’s actually willing to seek them out and heed their wisdom!
Once you figure out what you want to do with your life and have a decent idea of the path you might be on, seek out counsel from those that have been there, done that. Their advice might seem strange to you, but do what they tell you!! They’ve already maneuvered their way to the top. They already know all the plot twists in the story and how the book ends. They’re trying to give you the cliff notes and get you the best results even faster than they did. Take the advice.
If you want to know one of the more important steps for how to become rich, it’s right here….for two solid reasons.
Live well below your means, so that you can…
- Have plenty of money to invest each month, and to
- Work confidently so you don’t have to cower in fear every time your boss asks you your opinion.
Liz and I have lived on less than half of our income for most of our adult lives. We accomplished this by buying a $75,000 starter home (and paying off the mortgage quickly), driving cars that had a combined value of $5,000, and going on vacations for $100 instead of $10,000 (can anyone say, “camping”?? :)). This has allowed us to invest in the stock market, in rental properties, and in our children’s college education!
Oh, and it has definitely allowed me to be more vocal at work. If they don’t like what I say or the ideas I bring up, that’s fine. I’ve got plenty of money and side income to float me for…like….3 years or more. We’d be totally fine. Buuuuut you know what, instead of firing me, I’ve been promoted 3 times in 7 years. 😉
6) Never Stop Learning and Growing
When I was in my 3rd year of engineering school, I discovered that in order to keep up vs. my colleagues and co-workers, I’d need to continue to take classes, go to trade events, and continually educate myself on the latest industry standards… As a full-time student that was ready to never read another book in his life, this sounded terrible to me…so I dropped out of engineering school…
(…It was an immature decision that thankfully didn’t totally derail my future.)
The reality is, no matter what you do or who you work for, you’re going to want to constantly learn and grow in your field. Because you know what? If you’re stagnant in a world that’s constantly moving (and there’s no doubt our world is on the move!), then you’re actually going backwards. If you minimally learn and grow, you’re standing still. And, if you’re all-in, ready to suck up all the knowledge you can whenever you can, then you’ll finally be putting yourself in a position to become rich.
7) Map Out a Way to Continually Earn More Money
While you’re learning and absorbing all the information you can around your work, it would behoove you to think about where all this knowledge will take you. What could you do that would actually earn you more money?
- In your situation, it might be best for you to focus on your career and continually move up the ladder.
- Or, perhaps you can take what you do and apply it a little differently – perhaps into a side hustle.
As an example, maybe you create videos for your day job (a furniture manufacturer), but you’d actually love to make short clips and movies about the sci-fi adventures. Use your video skills to make some YouTube videos! If they’re excellent, you might even grow a following and earn some serious money!
8) Let Your Money Make You More Money
As you exercise frugality and begin to earn more money than you ever thought possible, you’ll start to develop a new problem…having so much money that you don’t know what to do with it.
It’s really a tough problem to have… 😉 (note the sarcasm)
In your quest for how to become rich, it’s time to learn yet another important step – how to make money with your money.
Oddly enough, it’s tough to find information on this topic online, but when you think about it, it all makes sense… Most people don’t have any money, so what’s the point in writing about it if no one is ever going to search for the article??? (So, instead, you find millions of posts about buying rental property with no money down!! By the way…please don’t click on these links…and if you’re tempted, again, refer to step #1… ;))
Different areas to make money with your money:
- Invest in your Roth 401k or Traditional 401k through work
- Buy rental properties with cash
- Invest in a Health Savings Account
- Put your money into a High-Yield checking account
…and here’s 16+ other ways you can invest your money — 20+ Ways to Invest Outside of the Stock Market.
9) Love What You Do
The alarm goes off.
You think to yourself, “Ughhh, it’s Monday. I have to go back to work and try to survive that torture for yet another day… Why me…?”
After waking up with this mentality…
- How productive do you think you’ll be at work?
- How likely is it that you boss will think, “Man, that employee of mine is sure doing an amazing job! He’s certainly in line for a promotion!”
Ha, yeah…I don’t think so.
You obviously don’t love what you do, which means that…
- you’re likely not learning more about what you do,
- you’re not seeking out a mentor for how to do your work better,
- and you’re therefore not earning more money, because the work you’re doing is sub-par at best!
But what if you actually enjoyed what you did each and every day? You’d want to learn, you’d want to grow, you’d want to talk about your work and your ideas with the leadership team. Each and every day, you’d be radiating energy and people would just be drawn to you, wanting to talk with you about what you’re doing and how you’re making an impact.
People that find an area where they can make a difference and that actually love the work they do are often far more successful than those that just pick a job because it’s easy or because it promises to pay a lot of money.
How to Become Rich – Are You Ready to Tackle These 9 Steps?
Well there you have it. A solid 9-step plan on how to become rich.
- Ignore get-rich-quick schemes
- Find a need
- Find a mentor
- Live frugally
- Never stop learning
- Keep earning more
- Make money with money
- Love what you do
If you’re serious about making a change and becoming a future financial success, follow the steps above. You won’t regret it!
Are you committing yourself to these 9 steps?? Tell me in the comments below! I want to know that we’re not alone!