Are you interested in what my goals are for 2012 and how I’m progressing toward them? Well, each week I’ll be touching base on my yearly goals, and to make sure I’m staying on track, I’ll be breaking them down into monthly and weekly goals as well.
Goals for 2012
- 1,154 subscribers by April 30, 2012 – Back in April, 2011, I was trying desperately to get to 50 subscribers, so I organized a giveaway through my site and started tracking my numbers closely. According to my projections (based on an exponential increase), if I continued to gain subscribers at the same percent each month, I could get to 1,154 subscribers in 1 year.
Currently, I have 682 subscribers, which is just barely on pace for 1,154 subscribers at the end of April. By the end of this month (January), I’d like to see my subscriber numbers get to 725. So, I need to gain 43 subscribers in 24 days. We’ll see how I’m doing by next week!
- Earn $15,000 With This Site – I currently am involved in the 30k Challenge at Online Money Bloggers, and would really like to earn half of that $30k with this site alone. I think it’s possible, but I’ll have to earn $1,250 per month to get there.
This month, I already have about $200 nailed down (via a sponsored post and some staff writing), with another potential $100 in the works. If I keep up this pace, I’ll be right around that $1,250 mark by the end of the month.
- Develop Another Free Resource to Help My Readers – Currently, I offer an eBook for free if you subscribe to my site (which is also free by the way), but I feel like my readers need something new. I don’t know what this is yet, but I’ll have to figure it out this year.
Perhaps I could offer another eBook? Or, maybe some free budgeting material? I’m not sure yet. Any advice on this one?
- Pay an Extra $1,200 on My Mortgage Each Month – It’s not directly related to the site of course, but I have a goal to pay off our house in 4 years (now, we’re down to 3 years and 8 months), and in order to accomplish this goal, we need to add $1,200 to our regular mortgage payment each month.
I’m actually already failing at this goal since we didn’t pay extra on our mortgage a few days ago. We’re hoping to be able to catch up throughout this month though. We’ll see what happens.
Goals by the End of January
In alignment with my yearly goals, here are my goals for the end of this month:
- 725 subscribers
- Earn $1,250 with LifeAndMyFinances.com
- Brainstorm potential free resource ideas
- Pay an extra $1,200 on the mortgage before the end of the month
There wasn’t a ton of extra time for me to read other blogs this week, but I still hit my favorites. Here are some articles that I think you’ll enjoy:
December 2011 Goals and Income Report – by 20s Finances
My Mortgage Needs Insurance – by Frugal Confessions
Landlord Nichtmares! – by Krantcents
How to Make Millions with Passive Income – by Prairie Eco Thrifter
6 Reasons Not to Have a Garage Sale – by Bucksome Boomer
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.