It feels good to get back into a goals mindset for this site. Without focus and a desired destination, there’s no possible way that this site would grow and flourish the way I envision it to. I have already stated my goals for 2013, but now I need to break them down to see where I should be by the end of this month, and then the next month, and so on. So, let’s dive into my goals for January.
1) Alexa Rank Under 110,000 – Right now, my Alexa Rank is 110,808, and its momentum is actually carrying it higher. I need to shift the momentum this month and bring it back down below 110,000. I plan on doing this by attracting more visitors through increased commenting on other sites and better articles. Also, if you want to help me bring this number down, please download the Alexa Toolbar. It would do wonders for this site! Thanks!
2) Get My Subscriber Number to 900…and Beyond! - My subscriber number has been constant for probably the last year, and it’s time to change that. I plan on increasing the subscriber number from 877 to 900 by the end of the month with some sort of promotion. Maybe I’ll give everyone a chance to win a free gift card if they subscribe or something. What would you like to win?
3) Increase my Facebook Friends to 300 – Right now, I’m at 280, which has also been stagnant for a long time. With better stories and a promotion, I bet I could bring these numbers up to 300.
4) Post Every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday – This should just be a check in the box. I’m happy to post something on each of these days. Hopefully you enjoy reading it as well!
5) Finish the House – Of course I’m not going to have every single project done by the end of the month, but all the big ones should be completed, and I should be able to walk into every room without stepping in a pile of sawdust or walking into saw horses. Get ready for transformation photos!
It’s time to take a look at some articles that I had absolutely nothing to do with, but that kicked butt anyway! Here’s a quick look at what peaked my interest this past week:
Dirty Financial Confessions – by L Bee and the Money Tree
Why is My Paycheck Smaller? – Lance @ Money Life and More
Top 10 New Years Resolutions for 2013 – by Deacon @ Well Kept Wallet
The Real Estate Investor’s Mindset – Live The Way You Believe – by Sam @ Financial Samurai
Budgeting in the Roommate Stuff – by Crystal @ Budgeting in the Fun Stuff
Lifestyle Becomes Less Important When You Have a Bigger Purpose in Mind – by Jacob at My Personal Finance Journey
The World’s Top 5 Countries, Sorted By Billionaires – by Miss T @ Prairie Eco Thrifter
Why You Should Be Scared of the Stock Market – Robert @ The College Investor
Money Myths: “Late Fees Aren’t the End of the World” – by Corey @ 20′s Finances
Enter Your Name and Email Address Below: