Don’t you hate sifting through all those crappy personal finance posts that tell you to be better with your money without really telling you how?? I’d say for every three posts I look at, there’s mayyyybe one good one. Lucky for you, I love digging through all the crap to find the golden posts, and today I’m sharing with you only the gold.
Check it out! Here’s my hand-selected top 5 personal finance posts from last week!
– by Seed Time – It’s often a pretty huge challenge to be on the same page with your spouse about money. One wants to buy a TV, the other wants to save for the kids’ college tuition. How on earth do they get on the same page? It’s actually pretty simple.
What’s the Best Way to Invest Money for the Short Term?
– by Good Financial Cents – Saving money for the short term isn’t very sexy. The investment should be safe, which means the returns are typically low. So what are the best options? Jeff provides a few intriguing answers.
Choosing a Career – Two Underused Techniques
– by I Will Teach You to Be Rich – Too few people think far enough ahead when it comes to their careers. Don’t they realize that their first choice of careers sets the stage for their entire life??! If you’re going through college, looking to start a career, be sure to read this post to figure out what exactly it is that you want to do for a large portion of your life.
6 Skills to Improve Your Earnings Potential at Work
– by Simple Dollar – I received a bad review at work a few months ago. Since then, I’ve been kicking some serious butt, making sure that never happens again. Oddly enough, I’ve been doing exactly what this article suggests without ever having read it before. My bosses couldn’t be happier and it looks like I’m on my way to another promotion. Take a look, implement these skills, and get your promotion too!
13 High Paying Jobs for People Who Don’t Want to Stare at a Computer All Day
– by Business Insider – I make decent money (not fantastic, but decent), but I stare at a computer screen all day long….and then I stare at my personal laptop for another 2 hours each night. I don’t particularly mind it, but I can see it driving some people bonkers!! If you’re one of these people, you probably want to check out this post!
Which post is your favorite? I’m going with the 6 skills post. All the entitled people in this world should really stop, read this post, and realize that it’s up to THEMSELVES to become a success. Not someone else.
My name is Derek, and I have my Bachelors Degree in Finance from Grand Valley State University. After graduation, I was not able to find a job that fully utilized my degree, but I still had a passion for Finance! So, I decided to focus my passion in the stock market. I studied Cash Flows, Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, put some money into the market and saw a good return on my investment. As satisfying as this was, I still felt that something was missing. I have a passion for Finance, but I also have a passion for people. If you have a willingness to learn, I will continue to teach.